Printing companies have often printed brochures to mark important points in their history. Where possible the Trust is scanning such histories to make them more widely available. Others are listed in the bibliography of resources available through the menu on the right. Many of the items listed below were scanned with the help of students in the School of Creative Industries at Edinburgh Napier University. Every effort has been made to trace copyright holders: if you have any information about current copyright holders for any of these items, please email the secretary.
- Aberdeen University Press: Iain Beavan’s article from the Journal of the Edinburgh Bibliographical Society; an account of the company and the archival sources available on Archives Hub; background to the relaunched AUP in 2014.
- Arthur King [PDF 9.4Mb]
- Bartholomew family website, and company archive. You can also explore the Duncan Street premises in Edinburgh’s Newington district, occupied by the firm from 1911 to 1995
- R & R Clark Ltd: short history. There is also an account of the social life of the firm on YouTube
- T & A Constable [PDF 5.9Mb]
- website giving a brief history of T & N Foulis
- W & A K Johnston: 100 years of map making [PDF 7.1Mb]
- McLagan & Cumming [PDF 3.1Mb]
- Morrison & Gibb Ltd: short history
- Nelson: an account of the reminiscence project undertaken by SAPPHIRE (Scottish Archive of Printing and Publishing History and Records)
- Waddies [PDF 15.9Mb]
- Blackie: archive
- Wm Collins & Sons: there is a short history of the company on the HarperCollins website
- MacLehose: virtual exhibition and archive collection